Altus House is a 752 bedroom student accommodation building in the heart of Leeds City Centre. The 37 storey structure was constructed from an In situ concrete frame with a unitised glazing and stone cladding facade.
The project incorporated the demolition of an existing office block before a 146 week construction programme began to deliver this mix of cluster bedrooms and studio apartments.
- Rotary bore piles were installed below a 2m thick ground floor slab.
- The floor slabs were thickened to support the 1200 pre cast concrete cladding panels
- A 1.5m thick transfer slab allowed the building to step at level 25
- The 113m core was slip formed. This core consisted of the stairwell, 3 lifts, lobby and 3 studio rooms, such was the need for mass stability
- Traditional reinforced concrete frame
- Pre cast Techrete concrete cladding installed. With Technal curtain walling system
- The crane was jumped to full height in several stages, dominating the Leeds skyline at 150m